It’s now official: I love the olympics. The competition, the comraderie, endless Bob Costas – it’s all great. Here’s my favorite Olympic moments thus far:
- The American men beating on the French in the 4×100 Freestyle after the French said: “We will smash the Americans.” Note to all athletes: if you want to be humiliated, saying that you will smash your opponent is a good way to get there.
- Michael Phelps winning – count ‘em – eight golden medallions, thus making him the most decorated athlete in Olympic history.
- Oprah Winfrey winning the 110 meter hurdles.
- Seeing the US of A men’s basketball team playing like they care. They haven’t performed so well in recent years, being beaten by Argentina in the 2004 games and a boy scout troop in 2006. Now it looks like they might be on their way to gold.
- Watching freakishly tall (6′ 9″) Phil Dalhausser spike a beach volleyball at upwards of 600 mph.
Your turn. Favorite Olympic moments?
The following two tabs change content below.
I’m married to Jen, and I have three kids. I know a lot about Star Wars, and I live in a van down by the river. I’ve also written a number of books, which people seem to like.
Latest posts by Stephen Altrogge (see all)
- We’re Asking The Wrong Question When We Go To Church - January 26, 2015
- Ask Celebrity Pastor: How Do I Energize My Dead Worship Service? - January 21, 2015
- How Much Of My Money/Time/Stuff Do I Need To Give To God? - January 21, 2015