It’s now official: I love the olympics. The competition, the comraderie, endless Bob Costas – it’s all great. Here’s my favorite Olympic moments thus far:
- The American men beating on the French in the 4×100 Freestyle after the French said: “We will smash the Americans.” Note to all athletes: if you want to be humiliated, saying that you will smash your opponent is a good way to get there.
- Michael Phelps winning – count ’em – eight golden medallions, thus making him the most decorated athlete in Olympic history.
- Oprah Winfrey winning the 110 meter hurdles.
- Seeing the US of A men’s basketball team playing like they care. They haven’t performed so well in recent years, being beaten by Argentina in the 2004 games and a boy scout troop in 2006. Now it looks like they might be on their way to gold.
- Watching freakishly tall (6′ 9″) Phil Dalhausser spike a beach volleyball at upwards of 600 mph.
Your turn. Favorite Olympic moments?
Want A Free Book?!?
We'd love to give you the book Praying The Promises for free! It will walk you through God's promises and how to pray them. Just sign up below to get your copy IMMEDIATELY! It's like Christmas!