Several months ago the guys at the 9Marks blog had the great idea of asking readers to put the gospel into Twitter format (140 characters or less).
Wouldn’t it be great to do that with other great doctrines of the Christian faith? The glory of the scriptures is that they’re so simple a child can understand them, yet so profound we’ll never fully grasp them.
So here’s how it works:
- Today’s great doctrine is THE INCARNATION (Jesus becoming a man)
- If you use Twitter, post a Tweet that explains this glorious doctrine. Put the tag #systheol on the Tweet so others can find it.
- If you don’t use Twitter, leave a comment explaining the incarnation in 140 characters or less.
- I’ll post my favorites in a future post.
As John Piper says:
I find Twitter to be a kind of taunt: ?Okay, truth-lover, see what you can do with 140 characters! You say your mission is to spread a passion for the supremacy of God in all things! Well, this is one of those ?all things.? Can you magnify Christ with this thimble-full of letters??
Let’s flood the Twitterverse with the glories of Christ.
Find me on Twitter here.
Latest posts by Stephen Altrogge (see all)
- Ask Celebrity Pastor: How Do I Improve My Sermons - January 31, 2015
- Five Signs You Were Definitely A Hardcore Church Kid - January 28, 2015
- We’re Asking The Wrong Question When We Go To Church - January 26, 2015