Every Which Way But Loose

hold hand

hold hand

For I, the Lord your God,
hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you, ?Fear not,
I am the one who helps you.?? (IS 41.13)

It is the Lord Jesus Christ himself who holds your right hand, if you’re a believer.

He tells us three times as if to pound it into our heads: “I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand”…”It is I who say to you…I am the one who helps…”? It is the Creator of all who tells us not to fear, the Lord, the Sovereign One, who helps us.? Jesus doesn’t assign an angel to hold our hand. No man holds our hand.? No doctor, no boss, no experts hold our hand but Christ himself does.

“You lay your hand upon me,” says the Psalmist (Ps 139).? We didn’t lay our hands on Jesus.? He grabbed us and snatched us from destruction when we were running as hard as we could for hell.

If Christ holds our hand then it doesn’t matter what happens around us.? The economy might collapse but we won’t fall for the one who upholds the universe holds us.? Our lives may crumble about our feet but Jesus will keep his grip.? Even if the whole cosmos disintegrated around us Christ would still hold our hand.

The Lord holds our hand – we don’t hold his.? He will never lose his grip on us, even if we lose our grip on him, fall asleep, stumble, or try to pull away.? Jesus said no one can snatch us out of his hand.? Satan and all hell can’t pry us loose.? The world can’t steal us from him.? Old age and weakness may destroy our minds, but won’t loosen his mighty fingers.? Storms may batter and ravage us, but won’t break his grip, and he’ll still be holding our hand when we wade into the river to cross to the Celestial City.

Christ may turn us every which way, but he’ll never turn us loose.? Can you hear him saying to you today, “Fear not”?

photo by Tojosan

13 Comments

• emily says:

Thanks Mark! That’s so encouraging!!!

• Caroline says:

Thank you so much for those encouraging words..What a wonderful way to end my day at work by reading the words “For I, the Lord your God,
    hold your right hand;it is I who say to you, ?Fear not,I am the one who helps you.”
    Amen!!!

• Caroline says:

It is 22nd Sep 09, 5pm in India :)

• Caroline says:

I mean 21st September. My bad, and sorry for taking 3 comments to get the idea out:(

• Elaine says:

Thanks for the encouragement; regardless of my circumstances, He is unfailing faithful- a balm for the hurting but rejoicing soul!

• Hi Emily,

Glad the Lord would encourage you through this – thanks.

Thanks Caroline,

This verse has encouraged me a lot too. And no problem with the 3 comments!

Hi Elaine,

What an encouraging God we have! I’m so grateful he’s so faithful.

• Very timely reminder. Thank you!!!

I’m so grateful that He never lets go. This reminds me of two great songs…

You Never Let Go – Matt Redman
    Never Let Go – David Crowder Band

• Thanks Yeller! I love Matt Redman’s song. Not sure I’ve heard David’s.

• Ron Reffett says:

Hey Mark,
    Great post! Very encouraging as always! I am so very thankful for the security that I have in Jesus. No matter what may come my way, I know that He has a firm grip on me. Through all of the storms that have come into my life, and the ones that are coming, I know that Jesus will hold me up, no matter how high the waves become.
    One of my favorite verses is Isaiah 43:2; “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.”
    What an amazing God we serve!
    Blessings
    Ron Reffett

• Hey Ron,

Isaiah 43:2 is one of my absolute favorite verses as well. I really don’t see how people can get through this life without knowing that Jesus Christ has a grip on them that will never fail. I know that if Jesus didn’t hold me, I would certainly fail on my own, so I am sure glad the Lord has a hold of my right hand. Thanks for commenting!

• It is very good. It’s off of his Remedy cd.

• Sarah Bosse says:

Thank you, Lord, for holding onto me!! The Lord is faithful, even when I am not, and I can always be assured that He is for me; He’s on my side.

• Hey Sarah!

Great to hear from you. Aren’t these wonderful truths! Thanks for commenting.