Yep, There’s One For That

3969329831_d54af7e96b

3969329831_d54af7e96b

I recently got an iPhone. This week I read there are currently 215,539 apps available for download.

I Like the Starbucks app, that locates the nearest store and guides me safely in. And the Dragon app, which turns spoken words to text, so I can send long rambling text messages to my kids without typing. Two days ago I was installing a towel rack in my bathroom, and rather than go to all the trouble of walking out to the garage to grab my level, I downloaded the “Spirit Level” app. It took longer to download than to grab my real one, but now I’m prepared should I ever find myself stranded on a desert island and wonder if a palm branch is level.

As cool as apps are, God has something far more incredible that’s available to all his children, even when there’s no 3g service – his promises.

?God’s goodness inclines him to make his promises, and his faithfulness engages him to keep them.??Thomas Lye

God’s power guarantees he can keep his promises. His wisdom assures us he’ll keep them at the perfect time. His righteousness assures us he’ll never make a false pledge. His graciousness moves him to make hundreds of promises and his love delights to fulfill them.

God’s promises encourage us, fuel our hope, bolster our perseverance, and guide us in prayer. They cover our every need – God promises to save, sustain, provide, protect, perfect, comfort, care for, deliver, delight, revive and refresh us.

So open God’s word, find his promises, believe them, memorize them, pray for them, and thank him in advance for them…Yep, there’s a promise for that.

photo by Erik Mallinson

If you enjoyed this post would you mind sharing it on Facebook or Twitter? Thanks!

8 Comments

• JackW says:

Well, I thought this post needed a comment, so here it is!

My favorite app is Olivetree.
    My favorite promise is …

• Petra Hefner says:

I thought I wanted an iPhone but where would I find the time for even a tenth of the apps it offers? The Dragon is cool though; wonder if they have something similar for 'regular' cell phones. I'm just too thrilled that I can pray and meet with God without any super gadgets, even if my brain short-circuits and the cat's got my tongue!!

• MarkAltrogge says:

Olivetree…I'll have to check it out.

• MarkAltrogge says:

Hi Petra,

Yes, glad we don't need any gadgets to meet with God! Great point.

• JackW says:

Did you know that Olivetree shows up in your "Sponsors and Recommendations" spot on your sidebar? Maybe Stephen can show you were that is. ;-)

• JackW says:

Just thought of another app that you might like … GTK Lite

GTK = Guitar ToolKit … chords, metronome, scales, alternate tunings … anything a guitar geek could need, plus bass, banjo, mandolin and ukulele chords!

Do you really need chords with a banjo?

• MarkAltrogge says:

Now that you mentioned it I do. You can see how on top of things I am. I checked out the app or should I say apps.

• MarkAltrogge says:

I actually have that one. Really like it. Banjo chords? You don't need them if you're Bela Fleck.