Does Using Apple Products Make You A Better Christian?

There have been times when certain individuals have made fun of me and my love for Apple products. In my interactions with this individual, who happens to be pastor I work with, I have chosen not to retaliate. Why? Because I know one, simple, profound truth: Apple products actually make you a better Christian.

Is this really possible, you ask? Yes it is. It’s more than possible, it’s true. Here’s just a few reasons why:

Apple Products Don’t Tempt You to Anger and Despair

You’ve been working on an important presentation for the last hour, furiously typing away on your PC. Suddenly, without any provocation from you, a mysterious error message appears on the screen. Due to you pressing the enter key too many times, your computer must now shutdown and erase all the work you’ve done over the last hour. You want to scream. Then you do. You momentarily contemplate hurling your laptop out the window. You’re angry at the world, then at your computer, then at Bill Gates. Then you sink into a pit of despair as you realize that you must recreate what you just lost.

Apple helps you flee from temptation.

Apple Products Are An Evangelism Tool

You’re sitting in a coffee shop, sipping on a latte, when you see a hip looking guy a few tables over reading a Bible and writing in a Moleskine journal. You can tell that he’s puzzled, and you ask him if he understands what he’s reading. “No I don’t,” he says. “Can you help me?” You grab your backpack and sit down at his table. He tells you that he’s reading in John 1, and you say that you’ll pull it up on your Bible software. You pull out your Dell laptop and place it on the table in front of you. The hip guy looks at you, then looks at your computer, then says, “You know what, I think I’ll just keep reading myself. Thanks.”

Apple helps you be missional.

Apple Products Reflect God’s Creativity

Take a moment and look at that HP laptop sitting on your desk. What words come to mind? Behemoth? Clunky? The size of battleship? A clear result of God’s curse upon humanity? Uglier than a wookie? Now look at your iPod. Sleek. Beautiful. Possibly unaffected by the fall.

Apple helps you see God’s creativity.

Apple Products Give You More Time For Prayer

How do Christian PC users spend approximately two-thirds of their days? Booting and rebooting their computers. They would pray but their prayer list was on their computer, which just locked up. And caught fire. Time to reboot.

Apple furthers your devotional life.

Apple Products Are Biblical

Let me connect the dots for you. How did Eve sin? She ate fruit. What is Apple’s logo? An apple with a bite out of it. Coincidence? I think not. Clearly, Apple is seeking to do some culture making and restore what was lost in the fall. They are redeeming the apple.

Are you seeing my point? If you want to grow, go get an Apple product.

Do any PC users care to defend themselves? Do any Apple users want to add to the list?

Comments

1. Kenny Anderson says

No, au contraire, it was the bite out of a fruit (see Apple logo) that CAUSED the fall in the Garden. 1 Jn 2:16 – "For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh [I must have a mac] and the desires of the eyes [macs are so beautiful] and pride in possessions [mac users are above everyone else and once you go mac you never go back] — is not from the Father but is from the world [of Steve Jobs]." It's time to return to the Windows of our souls. Let's all repent of the iDolatry…

• Peter Schott says

We don't own anything Apple except for a really, really old Shuffle I won as a prize once. I still laughed at this. Very amusing, even to us die-hard non-Apple fans.

2. Omnom says

LOL! This post is funny! What do any of them have to do with your growth? XD!! We have both in our house. I personally prefer Mac, but neither have anything to do with my walk with God. If I hold one in more high regard than Him, maybe.

3. Jason says

Let's be really honest here, to truly understand Microsoft you must break down the word itself:

My – although misspelled by Mr. Gates (Mi), could his intentions be any clearer? Focus on oneself = pride and selfishness. Is there any room for doubt on this one? I think not.

Crow – again, misspelled by Mr. Gates (Cro), we see a black bird that has an annoying voice, which, I'm fairly certain, either represents Sauron from Lord of the Rings or Gargamel from the Smurf cartoons. Either way, evil is represented.

Soft – This is a metaphor for their product and is meant to conjure up images of weak athletes. For example, "Wow, did you see that prizefight? Yeah, that one guy went down easy, he was soft."

So, in short, Microsoft as a whole produces selfish, proud, evil and weak products. I hope I cleared that up for everyone.

Apples are more expensive than PCs. So, the desire to have an Apple computer over a PC could lead some to either covet the product itself, or to become discontent with their current financial situation, because it does not let allow them to purchase an Apple.

• Christopher says

You can follow the advice below or actually read – in particular – read the total cost of ownership reports. PCs are not less expensive unless you buy all the parts separately and build a sub-par PC that has crazy GHz speed but shoddy logic boards.
      Not to mention the fact that you can run Mac OS, WinOS, Linux flavors, and Unix all on the Mac (without hacks).

Apple products tempt people to turn them into idols. You are much less likely to idolise your windows machine.

I just finished working on a sociological essay on the religious dimensions of devotion to Apple. It is quite striking how similar love for Apple is to a religion for some people.

• Peter Schott says

OK, I'll agree with that – and you have to be even more disciplined so you can do it every year. :) I enjoyed the laugh from this one.

6. Peter Schott says

OK, I've really, really enjoyed this post and the comments, even as one of the non-faithful (Apple fans). Some of these comments have made me laugh out loud – something that happens too infrequently on the Internet. Thank you for the much needed laugh, Stephen.

I'll leave you with this video (assuming that most of you have seen it, but it's still on-topic and funny). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA

This is brilliant, and has left me feeling very convicted of the sin of being a PC user. As an act of repentance, instead of tithing, I'm going to buy Apple products for myself every month instead.

8. Sam says

Apples are more expensive than PCs, so in purchasing one you are declaring that you are not a lover of money.

Apple invents ridiculous devices that have no apparent purpose like the iPad or the multitouch shuffle, again leading you to spend your money and in so doing proving that you are not a lover of money.

I bought an iMac and they brought out an updated version a couple of weeks later – I returned it and received the latest one for free. I'm sure there's a sermon illustration about the law and grace in there somewhere.

• Christopher says

Apples are not more expensive than PCs. Read reports.
      That is like saying "this used car that has hoses designed to fail and support that costs as much as the car – but will not cover repair is cheaper than buying a more expensive car with full warranty and service plan, and is built with superior parts".

9. iDemon v.616 says

this could possibly be the saddest 'christian' article i've ever read that does not appear on dr.dino/ christwire.

• Matt HAss says

Dr. Dino is the best, it's probably because you don't understand what he's talking about and real science, oh and that you are bias :)

Let me guess, you aren't a christian, in fact, you probably have strong negative feelings towards Christians, you like Macs, and probably single, hehehe

English is my second language, and it was clear to me that this post was a joke.
    Thank you, Stephen, your creativity reflects the Creator in wich image you were made.
    It was great!

11. Dan Gifford says

I'm a Youth Pastor…the moment I bought a Mac, my youth group tripled; obviously the result of God's blessing for my conversion. :)

I, for the most part, stick to the more expensive PC's and use only well tested software and proven software. The more expensive PC's are about the same price as the Apples and sometimes cheaper. I have few to no reboots and a very fast PC with Logos 4, Bibleworks 8 , Nota Bene for research writing and information management. If I was to try this on a Mac, I would have to run a PC emulator, which introduces it's own set of problems.What's the point of that?

• Joe says

Actually, they have come out with Logos for Mac, and Accordance is actually much better than BibleWorks… Not sure but there is probably a comparable research software out there as well… All that to say Apples can definitely be used for Biblical study and research!

13. Petra Hefner says

Hmmmm, the bite of fruit that caused the fall! You can have your fruity ease and worldly pleasures. I'll be sticking with my good ole PC, and with much grace shall persevere even in the face of much rebooting! :-)

14. doug says

If you understood Apple from the developer's perspective, you'd completely retract this articles and would start calling Apple the devil.

15. xpostudio4 says

Sometimes the comfort can be a trap, in proverbs it says the prosperity of some people is making them bad, when i see apple i normally feel like they are not making a customer community but a community of followers, disciples of the apple gospel.

Maybe you don't have reasons to complain but we can get to a situation when you are trying to catch up with the new model that went into the market last week. Because this industry is fed with the consumerism and it can be another form of slavery.

Everything good has a potential evil side. But that is related with the human factor of course

16. Steve says

Let us not overlook the fact that the Lord actually prophesied through Isaiah that Microsoft would one day dominate the world. "And I will make thy windows of agates…" (Isaiah 54:12 KJV) This is clearly a prophesy of Microsoft Windows and Bill Gates. It is interesting to note that agate is actually a "class of silicious, semi-pellucid gems." (Barnes) Clearly a double reference there to Bill Gates AND Silicon Valley.

Haha love it…totally agree with spending more time rebooting than actually on my dell laptop, but my favourite was the use of the mac as an evangelistic tool…you are Americans get me everytime!

18. cramsnilloc says

It’s really quite simple. Apple it straight from the pit of Hell! Eve took a bit from the apple. Apple uses that for they’re Logo. Clearly a sign that apple is and will always be condoning sin and the fall of man kind. The anti-Christ of computers. PC gives you the freedom to choose….. Windows…Linux….or I can run OSX if I want too, But if I ran OSX I would truly be a sinner. I choose freedom. The Mark of the Beast will most likely be the Apple logo.

Bob Kauflin posted this which moved me to the following conclusion: I'm not a user of Apple products and now I realize that it has inhibited my spiritual growth. So, which will give me a deeper walk…iphone or ipad? Apple discernment is challenging. Mac Air has Air in the name so it could imply heaven, but it also could mean Steve Jobs is the prince of the power of the Air. So, perhaps a Mac Pro is more spiritually mature. Oh wretched man that I am!

20. Jon says

Those have got to be the extremes of messed up PC’s vs. super Mac’s. I my self am a “PC for life” type person, and in my personal experience, PC’s are just as reliable Mac’s, and much more powerful than them too. But none the less I got a laugh out of it.

21. Tim says

I have to respectfully disagree – an Apple will never help you apply Romans 5:3-4 in your life – a process we all need to grow as Christians!

More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and
    endurance produces character, and character produces hope, (Romans 5:3-4, ESV)

Tim, a satisfied (but not yet fully sanctified) PC user
    PS And with a PC… "I die daily" is another passage that comes to mind…

Very funny indeed.__However, forget microsft and apple, lets get back to really biblical stuff and start using stone tablets. The postage is pretty expensive (you could buy an apple product cheaper than posting a stone letter to the house next door), but it does add a certain weight to the words carved into it.

23. Pastor Dave Bissett says

Stephen, I am so glad you are "on our side" with your gift of wit.

PS – I think I am a happier person for having your thoughts tweet my way each day!

24. nateclaiborne says

Well at least we know from the previous comment that not using Apple products leads to blog comments seasoned with grace ;)

25. Malcolm Young says

Apple Products Don?t Tempt You to Anger and Despair <<<<<FALSE. Many times I have used an iphone. Thank God I don't own one. When I pressed W on the keypad it would show Q. That is frustrating. Also, if it freezes, I can't pull the battery and reboot. Also, if my battery runs out I can't pop in another one, leading me to anger and despair. Don't tell me it will never freeze because that's false, and that also tempts me to anger and despair. I've been tempted to do a lot of bad things with an iphone. Thank god I put it down and picked up my blackberry fast enough. Mac os is not compatible with programs and games that only work on PC. That's frustrating. I can't custom build a mac with the exact specs I want. That's annoying and frustrating.

Apple Products Are An Evangelism Tool <<<< False. They are just expensive. You go to a guy with your ipad to preach the gospel using your bible on it, they will likely just want to leave you alone because they are jealous of your money to afford it. That or all they will be paying to is the sleek design of your ipad and not be paying attention to enjoying God's word. Think of it. They will want to try it out, play with it. Ask you questions about it, etc etc… Whip out your dell lap top with a bible in microsoft word. That lap top aint nothin special. You can get someone fully engaged in Gods word because there isn't all those destractions of fanciness.

Apple Products Reflect God?s Creativity <<< FALSE. God didn't create ipod's. People did. Also, if you forgot to charge your ipod and it's dead, deal with it. My blackberry plays mp3's. If I forget to charge my blackberry over night, ill just take out the dead battery and pop in a new one. God created people to be creative AND smart. Not being able to pull the battery is actually quite stupid and annoying. SMART people made a mp3 player/phone in 1 that can be battery replacable. Yes my battery will last as long as the ipod. Plus after a year the ipods battery lost half its battery life and you can't replace it. That's pretty weak if you ask me. Sheesh.

Apple Products Give You More Time For Prayer <<< excuse me? I don't spend my time booting and rebooting my pc. I can't count how many macs I've had to Hard reboot just cause it froze at the desktop. Don't be ridiculous. A pc catches fire cause it locked up? How does that make sense? If my pc locks up I close the program that's doing it with the task manager. Mac locks up? You can't do that. I've tried. Time to hard reboot.

• MC SE7EN says

"Many times I have used an iphone. Thank God I don't own one. When I pressed W on the keypad it would show Q. That is frustrating. Also, if it freezes, I can't pull the battery and reboot. Also, if my battery runs out I can't pop in another one, leading me to anger and despair. Don't tell me it will never freeze because that's false, and that also tempts me to anger and despair. I've been tempted to do a lot of bad things with an iphone. Thank god I put it down and picked up my blackberry fast enough. Mac os is not compatible with programs and games that only work on PC. That's frustrating. I can't custom build a mac with the exact specs I want. That's annoying and frustrating."

–Your ignorance is forgiven. Hold Home+Sleep and it reboots. Not hard.

"They are just expensive. You go to a guy with your ipad to preach the gospel using your bible on it, they will likely just want to leave you alone because they are jealous of your money to afford it. That or all they will be paying to is the sleek design of your ipad and not be paying attention to enjoying God's word. Think of it. They will want to try it out, play with it. Ask you questions about it, etc etc… Whip out your dell lap top with a bible in microsoft word. That lap top aint nothin special. You can get someone fully engaged in Gods word because there isn't all those destractions of fanciness."

–If the guy talks to you about your iPad or Mac, you can use that as a conversation starter to find a common interest between the two of you and form a friendship, which is a great evangelism tool. A regular PC can't do that.

"God didn't create ipod's. People did. Also, if you forgot to charge your ipod and it's dead, deal with it. My blackberry plays mp3's. If I forget to charge my blackberry over night, ill just take out the dead battery and pop in a new one. God created people to be creative AND smart. Not being able to pull the battery is actually quite stupid and annoying. SMART people made a mp3 player/phone in 1 that can be battery replacable. Yes my battery will last as long as the ipod. Plus after a year the ipods battery lost half its battery life and you can't replace it. That's pretty weak if you ask me. Sheesh."

–LOL! Your BlackBerry dies if you don't charge it overnight? Try getting something with a longer battery life so you don't have to worry about the hassle of all those extra batteries and swapping them out all the time. The iPod is the best music player on the planet, especially the touch. No one even comes close to beating or equaling the iPod.

–Again, your ignorance is forgiven. Command+Option+Escape brings up the Force Quit window, which is far more responsive than that accursed "Task Manager" on PCs. Faster at killing frozen apps, too, if you manage to get an app to freeze… And yes, I've actually had PCs start smoking and burning up inside, so don't tell me that doesn't happen. That's when I switched to Mac. Never seen a Mac do that…

"Let's make our logo a factor that brought sin into the world. That's real christian like. That would be like a pastor robbing a bank then a company starts up with a gun as their logo and calls themself a christian. That has got to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life. Seriously, get a brain."

–Quick, show me where in the Bible is says that the fruit on the tree was an apple! Oh right, you can't because it doesn't say that. It just says "fruit." It could have been an orange for all we know. What's your favorite fruit? For all we know, it could have been THAT.

• MC SE7EN says

"Apple products are electronics like other electronics. All electronics are doomed to failure sooner or later. The only difference is. Pc's are half the price. There is more support for them and they are easy to take care of. I have no problems with mine. I don't know who wrote that unspeakable page about apple and christianity but by the holy word of God I rebuke that disgusting non-sense in Jesus name. One more thing, God says be wise with your money. PC's are half the price and equal or greater quality, in spite of what people say. Go PC!! GOOD NIGHT!!!!!"

–First, this was a joke, so cool your jets, dude. Seriously, if you didn't get the joke, maybe you're lacking upstairs (which would explain your PC fanaticism, I guess). Maybe you should take your own advice and "get a brain." First off, this is not "non-sense," but actually a very funny article. Second, if you have no problems with your PC, good for you, but you're the exception, not the rule. Yes, PCs are half the price, sometimes even less. The only thing is, you're wrong about the quality. I've NEVER seen a PC for half the price of a Mac that was anywhere close to even half the quality of the Mac. In fact, I've never seen a PC that beat a Mac in usability, EVER.

Being wise with your money would mean buying a longer-lasting computer that didn't require potentially expensive service and antivirus, right? If I have a problem with my MacBook, I take it to the Apple Store and they fix it. I don't have to call the software manufacturer, hardware manufacturer and OS manufacturer just to get some answers. I just go to one place. That's saving me time I could use to witness to people. There may be more people who know about PCs, but that doesn't mean you'll get the same level of support.

That's all.

26. John says

Satan's tries to lure people by making sin attractive. Apple is the most attractive product on the market. The bite of the Apple should warn us that it was conceived in sin and leads us to sin. It even provides us more time in which to sin, e.g., it doesn't crash all the time. Be wary all you Apple owners. Satan's knocking at the door.

176 retweets and 732 Facebook shares on this post so far at 1:00pm (PST) on 9/16.

WOW! There are a ton of Christians who are currently making their way to an Apple store. LOL!

28. Chazwald says

I admit. I once fell prey to the trap of pc sin. I wasted precious time constantly rebooting my dell, I spent mega dough feeding this dirty habit as I had to purchase a number of new hard drives, and I spent countless hours speaking with "representatives" who only dragged me down into the miry pit of further indulgence. The pc world lulled me into a trance of slavish obedience.

That was until I saw the light. God broke my trance and set me free. My iPod, a God-send, put me back on the straight and narrow. I have noticed the direct correlation between Apple product ownership and the increase in my faith. Now I own one iPod, one Mac, and two MacBook Pro's and I have only fallen deeper in love with my Creator.

Thank you Apple. Continue to fight the good fight.

29. horse'srule says

This is actually pretty stupid. I own a PC but i am not constantly rebooting it or getting viruses. and my comp has absolutly NOTHING in the world to do with my prayer life so this is just stupid

Very humorous. It's sad, though, to think of just how far people will go to justify their sin an, to use the WONDERFUL term coined earlier: iDolatry!
    Anger is one way to look at it, or the other way, is to see the rebooting of a PC as something very important: learning patience.
    To prevent losing your work, you must save regularly: learn to be disciplined and committed.
    In the case of the laptop: Instead of relying on a machine, you don't take the laptop out at all, and instead, rely on the Holy Spirit to guide your thoughts and words.
    Indeed, the Apple logo is an apple with a bit out of it – signifying sin! Purity and innocence is a complete apple!
    PCs teach us humility. Apple owners, as is shown very clearly in this post and the comments, quite clearly struggle with humility, but rather swell with pride at their perceived superiority!

Thank you, God, for my PC and for the lessons that it teaches me to become closer and more reliant on You!

31. Barb says

Hilarious! God certainly has a sense of humor and it's one of His great gifts to us. Some of the comment writers above need to lighten up and learn to laugh!

32. iLikedit says

I had a lousy day but reading this funny post (ok – yes I am an Apple iDolater) cheered me up and made me laugh. Good to see the internet being used to connect and share joke with each other rather than spew at each other profanies and curses!

33. Rob says

Apple is all fine and good…if you like your Christianity to be light and fluffy that is. And don't get me wrong – sometimes I do. Some days it is great to simply coast along on cloud OSX and know that, whatever is beneath the surface of my faith, it has enable to sit in the coffee shop, listen to Chris Tomlin, and read Joel Osteen.

But then there are other days. Days where I actually care what I believe. Days when I want to know what theological foundations have brought me to this place in life. And it is days like these that I need to fire up MS-DOS and check out what goes on in my SysReg.

And besides. Windows 7 is a work of art.

34. Haskel says

I don't know about most of you but for me, my PC works perfectly. The only time that I have had any problems with a computer was with a Mac :( —– My father won't let Macs into the house. he thinks they're evil and he's a computer wiz!

35. n/a says

K, first off, Apple's cost more right off the get go. They are also an addiction. Once you get one, you have to keep getting the latest and greatest versions of it so you are buying something new, or being depressed that yours isn't as good as the new ones every 4 to 6 months. They may not get error messages, they just crash and need a new hard drive.

Also, go back to Genesis, what did the serpent tell Eve to eat? A FREEKING APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! Think about that……

36. Benbeast says

Well pc and mac can lead to sin. It seems people like to leave out the problem of pornography or even online shopping. It is the Christian him or herself that must utilize technology for the glory of the Lord. I think a pc and a mac can teach you valuable biblical lessons. Would I like to have a mac? Yes I definitely would. Is it practical? No, it is not especially when a pc does almost the same exact functions as a mac and costs nearly half the price. Remember the Lord calls us to stewardship. But I think this a clever post regardless, and I do believe it is a joke. Bravo!!

37. Kyle says

After forwarding this to a bunch of people and reveling in the fact that I am one of the chosen who own a Mac, I went to turn on my MacPro this morning and it crashed. Then I was going to tweet about how ironic it was and my iPhone battery died. No Lie!!!

Coincidence? I should think not.

Too funny thanks for the laugh, I needed it this morning. While humorous, there is ring of truth as well, especially: "Apple Products Don’t Tempt You to Anger and Despair" I despised by PC based laptop, my love my MacBook.

39. Kim says

OMG this is brilliantly hilarious!

This is not a debate starter…its a joke! For those of you taking this seriously, lighten up! Its called "laughing"…

Ha ha ha ha ha!

40. Tom Trott says

Does Apple still have a "proprietary architecture"? If something goes wrong with the hardware, how many manufacturers can I get to compete for the "product"?

41. Guest says

I get that it's satire, but doesn't Apple's marketing strategy basically promote idolatry? cultofmac, macworld, a charismatic leader that delivers the good word, etc.

Also, it's a bit unrealistic to portray PCs as being headaches. Both my Windows and Linux machines are rock solid and rarely crash. I've had far more headaches trying to get something done on a Mac. Unfortunately, I am locked into using an iPhone (I thought it would be great at first, but now I can't wait until my two year contract is up).

I get more crashes, freezes and reboots with my iPhone in a month than I get with my PCs (two combined) in a year! WTF, it's a phone! Shouldn't it just work? It just doesn't.

42. PC4evr says

All of your arguments assume givens that are only aaumed by people who are already Apple lovers. None of them will convince a confirmed PC user to change. And the point about creativity compares (I'll leave the word apple out) oranges to pears, not to mention that I like a bigger computer. My Fujitsu with its Core i5 makes me happy.

43. Adam D. Jones says

Yeah, if you want to be a good steward of your money, buy a $200 pc laptop like I did…or buy a mac for ten times more because they are "so cool." Creativity? They're just white! They are as decorative as a hospital. Mac products are expensive and flashy, but not superior. I work with more than a hundred macs and they give us plenty of errors and hardware problems. I can build a handful of fast pc's for the cost of one Mac – that's wise money spending.

44. Marissa says

In regard to the cost of an Apple: I chose to spend my summer job earnings on an Apple instead of going on a vacation. My sacrifice was a blessing: the benefits were unexpected in their abundance, their practicality, their potential for joy, much like the other blessings of the Lord.

Apple teaches me about sacrifice and God's better plan.

45. Andy G. says

H’m! Unless, there is another picture behind it… As sometimes happens with some work of Art:

The picture is Eve after having eaten a piece of the fruit, offering it to the rest of humanity….

I wonder if people see my point.

A PC User!

______

LOL

Nice Article

please tell me this is a joke.

Apple products don't tempt you to anger and despair? While they're more reliable that PCs and easier to use, you break your MacBook keyboard and there's $300 in repairs. $100 for a new battery… $20-30+ on new cords as they're easy to break and then, when you've had one as long as I have and the part the power adapter connects to on the inside starts to die it's time to either deal with only having it work 50% of the time or drop another $1200+ to get a new one.

And there's the new software that's always coming out too… if you don't upgrade your OS eventually to keep up with the times well, you can forget using the web browser or anything that requires Flash as your OS got left in the dust 3 upgrades ago. So you spend $50-300 to upgrade your system… but then half the programs you were using don't work as they're not compatible with the new OS… oops! There's more money to spend to replace/upgrade all those! I've had this happen on both my Macbook and my work computer which is also a Mac.

From experience, I've had just much "anger and despair" with Macs as I have with PCs, lol…

47. Pastor Douglas says

As an Apple user: Nice Try :/

1) My iMac looks like the Microwave :/

2) My Logos software works better on Windows :(

3) My iMac is pc component machine running an os based on Unix which pcs have been running for decades. Sounds very Microsoftish too me… Stop innovating and copy someone elses work?!?

4) my wifes iPhone 4g has antenna issues. Apples response “Hold it differently” :|

5) Bite out of apple? Apple’s usual mocking of anything not Apple… including God. :(

6) Speaking of mocking Apple Store employees!

7) Apple Devotees = Neo Gnostics ;)

8) Apple Store employees = Computer JWs ( But the company says…)

9) Apple products = pc products at 150% markup

This feeds right into my theory that to be a good Christian, I need to frequent Starbucks, wear Toms shoes, and sport the latest Apple product. Most Apple snobs don't even realize they are such…and yes, I've intereacted with many. As for Apple, I'm of the idolatry theory. We don't even have a computer at home thanks to my real salary and my real church budget allows my Toshiba to keep plugging along, and XP keeps rockin' along with it. So next time my Satellite freezes, I'll be thankful that we've got clothes to wear, food to eat, and a roof over our heads and some Folgers (insert fair trade stab here) to drink before I put on my cowboy boots.

49. The Voice of Truth says

Dude, the Apple logo is the forbidden fruit, so obviously it's a biblical sign that you shouldn't eat or partake of it. PC Wins. Problem Solved. Apple is from the Devil.

50. Ryan Hamre says

Open architecture please.

The structure of the company is the antithesis of freedom, and I can't wait until Apple falls of the face of the earth.

Regards,

Ryan Hamre
    Senior Systems Analyst

51. john H says

Apple users are definitely less likely to utter expletives while computing than PC users. I believe you are onto something…

Regards

Surely this article is a bit tongue and cheek. I’m usually good for sarcasm, but even this seems to bend too far in the direction of an overly affluent fan.

Plus, we all know that if fruit made you a better Christian, that we’d produce more folks to produce fruit, not consume it ;)

53. fact says

Hmmm. Apple gave 100 grand to support gay marraige in California. The Bill Gates foundation has given 33 Billion (with a b) to education, 3rd world healthcare and development.

54. Laura Meek says

This was a great morning read. Good way to start the day off right, especially since I have my own mac to read this with.

55. Mateo says

You also left out that Apple's bootloader is called Darwin…and it seems like the logo glorifies the fall rather than redeems it. I'll stick to my Linux machine, thanks.

56. Jerry Gibbs says

Honestly speaking, as a missionary since 1974, and a Mac user since 1987, oh yes, I confirm that this article is so true. When people run us Apple folks down we just keep the smile on our faces. Why? Because we know that we are right! When PCers run down Steve Jobs, we keep the smile, we don't care what they say. We are right! We will keep our smile because we know that you ALL want to be using Apple products,and that you will come around. Now, do not worry, say what you want, I will keep my smile! Good job Steven!

This comment truly made me laugh out loud at my desk this afternoon….I caused so much commotion that I had to explain myself to my coworkers! :) They laughed along with me after that!

58. Cristian says

Hi Stephen,

I'm planning to switch from PC to Mac and would like to know if you can recommend a good Bible software for Mac… Thanks in advance.

My MacBook Pro helps me to worship God and give thanks for His goodness and grace… and reminds me that He cares about the little things. I won it in a giveaway after praying "God please, please, pleeeeaaaaassssse give me a 17" MacBook Pro!!!" He have me the 15", but I'm still very thankful. I never could have justified the expensive purchase on my missionary budget. I don't even own a smart phone!

60. Matt Hass says

oh don't be decieved!! hehehhee!!

Apple Products Are Biblical:

Yes they are, garden of eve, hehehhee! We could be running around naked eating fruit all day if it wasn't for the mac, hehehe :D

Apple Products Give You More Time For Prayer
    FALSE, hehehe, constantly freezes without error message so I can't trouble shoot or know if I should do a hard shut off or not… Apple requires me to use more software to get one thing done, means more rendering, hehehhe

Apple Products Reflect God’s Creativity
    Sure… so does calculators, pianos, etc. Good attempt, hehehe!

Apple Products Are An Evangelism Tool
    So is my mom… hehehe, so is my car, nice attempt, hehehe!

Apple Products Don’t Tempt You to Anger and Despair
    Ha! This is totally opposite! I think my first thought of anger came from apple because it wasn't working, slower, or think they know more than me and what's best for me! hehhee!

61. Will says

Crap like this is what puts people off Christianity.

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting such utter rubbish and contributing to the global ridicule of Christians.

62. Nathan says

Very funny article but you missed out that apple products are very much overpriced making one a poor steward of money. Not to mention in the long run pc's are very much more adaptable and flexible making it a much more useful tool all round.

63. Jeff Miller says

People can squeal all they want about how this is a foul affront to God. Meanwhile I’m going to laugh and share it on Facebook to start arguments with my friends. :) Keep up the good work, Stephen!

64. PDK says

Perhaps the Apple logo signifies not redemption FROM, but participation IN the Fall. Just sayin’… and I love my iPad and iPhone!

1. […] I’m not sure if I can answer this question. I’ve written several thousand posts, so it’s pretty difficult to narrow it down to one post. I’ve written several posts on depression and anxiety that have ministered to many people (http://theblazingcenter.com/category/depression). I wrote a post about why Apple products make you a better Christian, which seemed to give people a good chuckle (http://theblazingcenter.com/2010/09/does-using-apple-products-make-you-a-better-christian.html). […]