As you walk through each minute of each day you really only have two options:
OPTION #1 -?Keep your eyes fixed on your circumstances. Your difficult coworker, your sickness, your tight budget, your child who isn’t doing well spiritually, your strained relationship with your spouse.
When Peter walked on the water, he took his eyes off of Jesus and immediately began to sink. His faith in Jesus was overwhelmed by what he could see with his eyes. By the circumstances that surrounded him.
OPTION #2 -?Keep your gaze fixed on the Lord.
- Those who look to him are radiant,?and their faces shall never be ashamed. (Psalm 34:5)
- Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good!?Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! (Psalm 34:8)
- Many are the afflictions of the righteous,?but the LORD delivers him out of them all. (Psalm 34:19)
- You keep him in perfect peace?whose mind is stayed on you,?because he trusts in you. (Isaiah 26:3)
- Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.?(Philippians 4:5-7)
Today, our peace and joy and gladness hinge on where we fix our gaze. Lord, fix our gaze on you.
Want A Free Book?!?
We'd love to give you the book Praying The Promises for free! It will walk you through God's promises and how to pray them. Just sign up below to get your copy IMMEDIATELY! It's like Christmas!