The website Upworthy is notorious for it’s gushing, over the top, massively politically correct headlines. So what would it look like it Upworthy reported on key events in church history? Probably something like this.
- Saul used to be a Christian killer. Then he saw something that totally changed his mind. #OpenMinded
- The Pope tried to censor Martin Luther. You’re never going to believe what Luther did next! #StandUpToBullying
- The Council Of Nicea met to discuss the identity of Christ. They had no idea what they were in for! #Shocked
- St. Augustine used to sleep around and objectify women. Then THIS happened! #Hope #TearsOfJoy #YesAllWomen
- The Muslims thought they were in control of the Holy Land. What the Pope did next will shock you! #CrusadeAgainstBullies
- John and Charles Wesley?THOUGHT they were Christians. But these inspiring people changed their minds. #MoravianRoleModels #YesThis
- Jonathan Edwards preached what he thought was an ordinary sermon. Then things got REALLY crazy. #SinnersInTheHandsOfAnAngryGod #ButWeAllHaveOurOwnViewOfGod #WhyDidWeRunThisStory?
- John Knox was told to stay out of Scotland. But he had other ideas. #DoTheRightThing
- John Bunyan was put in prison to keep him from preaching. What he did in prison will make you rethink everything. #Progress
- William Wilberforce saw a problem he didn’t like. So he did something about it. #BeTheChange #PayItForward
- They told Charles Spurgeon that he was too young. They didn’t expect this. #YouthMovement
The following two tabs change content below.
I’m married to Jen, and I have three kids. I know a lot about Star Wars, and I live in a van down by the river. I’ve also written a number of books, which people seem to like.
Latest posts by Stephen Altrogge (see all)
- Five Signs You Were Definitely A Hardcore Church Kid - January 28, 2015
- We’re Asking The Wrong Question When We Go To Church - January 26, 2015
- Ask Celebrity Pastor: How Do I Energize My Dead Worship Service? - January 21, 2015