There are some passages of Scripture that have long perplexed me.
I’m speaking specifically of the “imprecatory”, or violent, Psalms. These passages are jarring and violent, often feeling out of place with the message of grace that permeates the Bible. For example, in Psalm 35:26, David prays, “Let them be clothed with shame and dishonor who magnify themselves against me!”
Wow. David doesn’t pull any punches. Shame and dishonor. Destruction and pain. The undiluted anger of the Lord unleashed upon wrongdoers.
This is strong, hard language.
I don’t usually know what to make of those passages. When am I supposed to pray God’s destruction on someone else?
ANSWER: When that someone else is KILLING babies.
Planned Parenthood promotes abortions and then sells the aborted fetal parts. Employees harvest the brains of children whose hearts are still beating. Jokes are made about intact babies being shipped to StemExpress.
This is ATROCITY at in its purest. This is EVIL in its fullest. This is WICKEDNESS on full display.
Children are being executed. And our country is okay with it.
If there ever were a time to pray Psalms of destruction, it is now, against the likes of Planned Parenthood.
Join me in praying these words:
Psalm 10:15, “Break the arm of the wicked and evildoer; call his wickedness to account till you find none.”
- Rise up, O Lord. Break the arm of Planned Parenthood. Reduce their strength to nothing. Obliterate their reach and protect the unborn from their grasp. Call the men and women to give an account for their wicked deeds until their wickedness is no more.
Psalm 17:13, “Arise, O Lord! Confront him, subdue him! Deliver my soul from the wicked by your sword…”
- Draw your sword, O Lord, and raise it against the men and women who are executing children. Confront them with the furious anger you feel over the death of these innocent children. Subdue them by your power. Deliver the children from the wicked men and women who are seeking to kill them.
Psalm 58:6-8, “O God, break the teeth in their mouths; tear out the fangs of the young lions, O Lord! Let them vanish like water that runs away; when he aims his arrows, let them be blunted. Let them be like the snail that dissolves into slime…”
- Lord, we pray that you would tear out the fangs of Planned Parenthood. Emasculate their power. Break the teeth they use to consume the children. Let their arrows of death be dull and useless. Dissolve them financially, and cause them to vanish organizationally. Bring them to utter nothingness so that we will look back and say, “Remember what God did?”
Psalm 59:13, “…consume them in wrath; consume them till they are no more, that they may know that God rules over Jacob to the ends of the earth.”
- Arise Lord and display your powerful, evil-consuming wrath. Bring Planned Parenthood to such utter dissolution that there is no doubt that you are God and that you rule over all things. Let there be no doubt that you are king, and you will bring your good plans to pass.
Psalm 69:25-26, “May their camp be a desolation; let no one dwell in their tents. For they persecute him whom you have struck down, and they recount the pain of those you have wounded.”
- Lord, let the buildings of Planned Parenthood be utterly desolated. May the abortion clinics be empty shells, a reminder of what once was and what you have wrought. Bring famine and drought upon all abortion clinics so that they can no longer survive.
Psalm 83:16, “Fill their faces with shame, that they may seek your name, O Lord.”
- We pray that the men and women of Planned Parenthood would experience a deep, searing shame for their atrocities IN ORDER that they might seek your face. As you dissolve Planned Parenthood, drive the employees to the cross so that they might embrace the forgiveness you offer.
And finally, we pray the words of Revelation 22:20, He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.”
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!