No better way that to start off 2016 than with a bang, and that’s what set out to do on this brand new Happy Rant podcast. As is our way we attack the thorniest of issues and poke fun at the most necessary of things. And we might shoot a sacred cow or two along the way. Here is the rant:
- Why are all the Christian singers good looking? Can’t ugly people sing too? And what does this tell people about what it takes to be a successful Christian?
- At what point does a pastor’s social media posts about his ministry excitement become overkill?
- A discussion of the proliferation of year-end book lists on blogs – helpful, braggy, or something else?
We have a fantastic sponsor this week – Theology For You. They offer a website of fantastic resources including their own podcast, but the big thing they want our listeners to know about is the weekender events they partner with local churches to host. The Theology for You Weekender is designed to help Christians understand theological subjects from Scripture and how those subjects practically apply to everyday life. The topic of their 2016 Weekenders is Union with Christ. Theology for You defines theology as the studied practice of knowing God. That’s theirr heart: to help Christians know and worship God better through the study of Him. For our listeners, just mention the Happy Rant podcast when you contact them about weekenders and you will get a 20% discount!
We want to thank Resonate Recordings, the fine folks who make us sound listenable. If you are looking for great people to help your church put out recorded sermon audio or help you with a podcast they’re your people. T
To listen you can:
- Subscribe in iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Leave us a rating in iTunes (it only takes 1 click and it really helps us).
- Listen using the player below.