In this, the 77th episode of the Happy Rant, Ted, Ronnie, and Barnabas discuss the following:
- All things Oscars from Chris Rock’s monologue to Leo’s acceptance speech to the absurdity of an academy awarding itself.
- A listener question about the morality of supporting the NFL and the hypocrisy therein.
- Is it ok for Christians not to vote? Is it a sin to stay home on polling day?
We have two new sponsors today – Nav Press and Moody Publishers. Both publishers recently released books by good friends of mine, excellent authors, and genuinely good men who serve Jesus well. You really ought to check these out.
Nav Press brings you Bound to be Free: Escaping Performance to Be Captured by Grace by D.A. Horton. Bound to Be Free uses Scripture to recalibrate our hearts so we can walk in the freedom Christ has provided from sin and from the encumbrances that weigh us down. Horton is a master of using culture and every day life to point where sin has mislead us and instead point us to Christ.
Moody Publishers brings you Habits for Our Holiness: How the Spiritual Disciplines Grow Us Up, Draw Us Together, and Send Us Out by Philip Nation. I work with Philip at LifeWay Christian resources and he is also a pastor at a local church. His book is a new look
at the spiritual disciplines and how they are not so much inward focused as upward and outward, not just for our good but for the good of the church and the world.
Like every week, we want to offer a big thank you to Resonate Recordings, the fine folks who make us sound listenable. If you are looking for great people to help your church put out recorded sermon audio or help you with a podcast they’re your people.
To listen you can:
- Subscribe in iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher.
- Leave us a rating in iTunes (it only takes 1 click and it really helps us).
- Listen using the player below.