The morning is a time for new beginnings. Often, the first thoughts of the day are about what needs to be done. We can immediately start thinking about our worries and anxieties.
Whether you need some motivation, encouragement, or perspective on your life, here are some morning Bible verses that will help you start your day off right.
Morning Bible Verses To Help You Draw Near To God
The best way to start out the day is by drawing near to God. When we spend time with Him, we allow His peace and love to fill our hearts and minds. These morning Bible verses will help you focus on God first thing in the morning:
1. “One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.” (Psalm 27:4)
2. “My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.” (Psalm 63:1-2)
3. “Yet he had compassion on their ignorance, because their lives were blinded by darkness. So he turned toward them with his heart; he dispersed his spirit on them as rain and gave them refreshment from heaven.” (Psalm 78:68-69)
Prayer for drawing near to God
Dear God, thank You for loving me and drawing near to me in times of need. Help me remember that all I have is from you and through you. My righteousness comes from Christ alone and He is my hope for today and every day. In Jesus name, amen.
Morning Verses To Motivate You
Sometimes it can be hard to get up and get going in the morning. You may feel tired and unmotivated, or you may be discouraged about circumstances in your life. These verses will motivate you to start your day off in faith:
4. “I found joy in the Lord, my soul rejoices in my God; for he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness.” (Psalm 27:14)
5. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
6. “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. ” (Romans 8:28 )
Prayer for divine motivation
Dear God, thank you for your promises and your faithfulness. Help me to remember that no matter what happens on this day, you are with me and you will work all things together for my good. Give me strength to face whatever comes my way and help me to be motivated by your love and grace. In Jesus name, amen.
Good Morning Bible Verses To Fill Your Morning With Peace
It’s not uncommon for mornings to be stressful. We may have a long list of things that need to get done. We may be feeling stressed from yesterday’s events, or worried about various things that are happening. Whatever the reason, you can start your day with peace by reading these verses:
7. “Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
8. “Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable–if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise–dwell on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)
9. “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns but your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?” (Matthew 6:25-26)
Morning prayer for peace
Dear God, I come to you this morning knowing that all things are possible through Christ. You know what is best for me and even before events happen, you can provide for my needs. Thank you for your provision in my life. Help me to start this day with a clear mind and no worries. In Jesus name, amen.
Verses From the Bible To Fill Your Morning With Joy
If you’re like most people, you don’t always feel particularly joyful in the morning. You may be feeling tired or down, or you may just be feeling sort of grumpy for whatever reason. These verses will help you start your day with a joyful heart:
10. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
11. “Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today’s trouble is enough for today.” (Matthew 6:34)
12. “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!” (Philippians 4:4)
13. “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” (1 Corinthians 10:13)
Prayer for God’s joy
Dear God, you are full of joy and your joy is my strength. You give me peace even in the midst of trouble and I know that your plans for me are the best. Thank you for always being there with me. Help me to start this day feeling joyful because of all that you have provided for my good. In Jesus name, amen.
Morning Bible Verses To Read When You’re Tired
Sometimes when that alarm clock goes off, all you want to do is sleep for another five hours. The good news is that God is on your side and can give you strength even when you’re feeling depleted. These verses are perfect for when you’re feeling tired:
14. “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” (Isaiah 40:29-31)
15. “For he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” (Hebrews 13:5-6)
16. “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul.” (Psalm 23:1-3)
A morning prayer for strength
Dear God, thank you for always being by my side. Thank you for providing me with the strength I need to face any challenge that comes my way today. Help me to start this day feeling rested and refreshed because of your presence in my life. In Jesus name, amen.
Verses For Your Morning Commute
Let’s be honest: the morning commute can be pretty rough. Traffic, bad drivers, crowded subways — they all have the potential to put us in a sour, impatient mood. But God’s Word can help us to focus on the good things even during our morning commute:
17. “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13)
18. “The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” (Galatians 5:22-23)
19. “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” (Ephesians 4:29)
20. “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28 )
Prayer for the morning commute
Dear God, thank you for this gift of transportation that allows me to get from place to place. Help me to start this day refocusing my thoughts on your will and the many blessing in my life. May I always remember that you are with me no matter where I go. In Jesus name, amen.
Morning Bible Verses To Encourage You
Sometimes when life is tough, we wake up feeling discouraged, down before the day has even begun. Here are some verses to encourage you as you start your day:
21. “I have set the LORD continually before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices; moreover my flesh also dwells safely.” (Psalm 16:8)
22. “And the light of the LORD shall shine upon you, and make your way clear before you.” (Isaiah 30:20)
23. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
24. “But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” (Isaiah 40:31)
25. “Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.” (Psalm 55:22)
Morning prayer to God for encouragement
Dear God, thank you for your constant love and support. Please help me to face today’s challenges with courage knowing that you are with me every step of the way. Grant me peace of mind and a joyful spirit, even in the midst of difficult circumstances. In Jesus name, amen.