Christians should be the most thankful, joyful, grateful people on earth. The phrase, “Thank you God,” should constantly flow forth from our mouth.
But if you’re like me, there are many times when you forget to give thanks to God. When you grumble and complain and moan about the things that you don’t have.
And the truth is, when life gets hard it can be harder to give thanks to God and much easier to forget all his blessings.
This is why we need to CONSTANTLY be reminded of all the reasons we have to say, “Thank you God.”
Psalm 103:2 says, “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits…” We are prone to forget God’s benefits and need to constantly call them to mind.
So with that in mind, here are 42 reasons to constantly say, “Thank you God.”
42 Reasons To Say, “Thank You God”
1. Thank the Lord that he has created you and given you life and breath.
2. Give thanks to God that he has given you many years of life in which you have been able to enjoy so many good gifts from him.
3. Say, “Thank you God,” for your healthy body. If you struggle with health issues, thank God that he is working those health issues for your good.
4. Thank God that he has forgiven all your sins and pardoned all your iniquity.
5. Give thanks to the Lord that he chose you to be saved even when you were his enemy.
6. Praise the Lord that when you were dead in your transgressions, he made you alive together with Christ.
7. Rejoice that the Lord has transferred you out of the kingdom of Satan and into the kingdom of his glorious Son.
8. Say, “Thank you God,” for sending his son to lay down his life for you and die in your place.
9. Thank the Lord that even though you were once his enemy, now you are his child.
10. Praise the Lord for giving you the power to overcome the sins that once enslaved you and made you miserable.
11. Rejoice that you have the Holy Spirit living in you
12. Say, “Thank you God,” because he has united you to Jesus Christ and all of Christ’s blessings are now your blessings.
13. Give thanks that you have eternal life and will dwell forever in the presence of the Lord forever.
14. Praise God that he is constantly making you more and more like Jesus Christ.
15. Thank the Lord that he will NEVER stop doing good to you.
16. Say, “Thank you God,” because he will be faithful to hold you fast until the day that he returns.
17. Rejoice that God has promised to be your Shepherd and will lead you to still waters and green pastures.
18. Praise God that God loves you more than you can possibly imagine.
19. Give thanks to the Lord that he is a faithful God who always keeps his promises to you.
20. Say, “Thank you God” because he will always meets every need that you have.
21. Thank the Lord that he will never leave you or forsake you.
22. Praise God that he is using every circumstance for your good and his glory.
23. Give thanks to God for all the times he has met you in the midst of challenging and difficult circumstances.
24. Rejoice that the Lord has promised to guide you and lead in paths of righteousness.
25. Say, “Thank you God,” for your many friends and family members.
26. Praise God that you can worship him freely without fear of persecution.
27. Rejoice that God has given you his word to guide, comfort, encourage, and strengthen you.
28. Give thanks to God for all the times he has protected you from harm.
29. Thank the Lord for your home, food, and the many physical blessings he has given you.
30. Say, “Thank you God,” for all the times he has come through for you when it seemed like everything was lost.
31. Thank the Lord that his love for you is not fickle but is constant and steadfast.
32. Rejoice that neither height nor depth nor anything else can separate you from the love of God in Christ Jesus.
33. Praise God that you can call him, “Abba, Father.”
34. Give thanks to God for answering so many of your prayers.
35. Rejoice that God has said, “No,” to many of your prayer requests because he had something better in store for you.
36. Say, “Thank you God,” that you have almost unlimited access to the Bible and can learn glorious things about God.
37. Thank the Lord for the person who first told you about Jesus and salvation.
38. Rejoice that God has given you the ability to see and savor his beautiful creation.
39. Praise God that he is making all things new
40. Say, “Thank you God,” because he will someday wipe away all tears and sadness.
41. Give thanks that someday you will see the Lord face-to-face.
42. Thank the Lord that he is making a new heaven and a new earth where there will be no more sin, sickness, or sadness.